Today I have something exciting to share! An idea that I’ve been working towards for a long time, and that has been on my mind for even longer, is finally ready to see the light of day.
As many of you know, I quite recently took the leap into 100% self employment. I did this without having much of a plan or work lined up for the coming months. Quite a reckless decision, but one made with a lot of faith. Faith in my own ability to be creative, produce meaningful resources and to monetize my passion.
I’ve been playing around with the idea of creating my own products and services for some time now. Asked the members of my email club what their struggles are and what they are most interested in learning more about. Based on their answers, your comments and my own desires, I’ve come up with a handful of ideas to develop over the coming months.
One which I am launching here today!! Whaaa!
As of today, I’ll be offering private food photography coaching sessions!
For 60 minutes we get real nerdy on your food photographs over Skype, and I get to learn everything about you, your ambitions and your struggles.
Here’s what’s included in the 1-1 coaching package:
☾ One 60 min coaching session via Skype with detailed feedback on 3 of your selected food photographs (styling, storytelling, composition, light and editing – you decide what to focus on)
☾ Practical, take-home actions, tailored after your needs
☾ Downloadable audio file of our conversation
☾ Summary and follow-up via email
☾ Any additional resources you might need to step up your food photography game!
Who is this service for?
☾ You are either new to food photography and want to learn some inside tricks or you’ve been doing this for a while and want to grow as a stylist/photographer, but you’re not sure how to step up your food photography game.
☾ You’re stuck and in need of concrete advice on your work as well as actionable steps to bring you forward.
☾ You need a second opinion on your work to help you see aspects you haven’t thought about before.
☾ Perhaps you did my email course in food styling, and want to take your food photography to the next level by investing in professional feedback and advice tailored after your needs.
☾ You are at least 18 years old.
So why coaching?
For us creatives and visual thinkers it is a constant struggle to create work that lives up to our ambitions. We have such clear images in our heads of how we want our work to look and feel, but we have no idea how to get there. We are not (yet) skilled enough for our outcome to match our ambitions. I still struggle with this, as do any other artist I know.
Just like many of you, I’m a self-taught photographer and stylist. I used to be terrible at it. Honestly. Promise me to never scroll all the way back to my first blog posts! 🙈
But if you want something bad enough, you keep doing it. Being terrible or not. And along the way, you pick up on things. You learn about lighting and complementary colors and editing and how to tell a story with your images.
You learn by experimenting, by trial-and-error, by browsing the internet for resources, by attending workshops and consultations and by relentlessly interrogating you colleagues for all the hacks and shortcuts.
By taking this complicated but necessary route, I’ve learnt a thing or two about what works in food styling and food photography.
The main idea behind the coaching is to bring my experience and fresh perspective to your work.
To help you see aspects you haven’t thought about before and to pinpoint the areas you need to work on in order to close the gap between ambition and outcome.
If this sounds like something for you, head over to the booking page to book your spot and read all the FAQs.
Every Monday I share my ever-changing schedule as a freelance blogger, stylist & photographer, with everything from upcoming events, photo shoots and stuff I’m working on to things I’m doing on my spare time. I would love to hear about your week as well! Share it in the comments :-)
- Monday – When writing this I am currently alone at the office, sipping strong black tea and finalizing the last details related to the launch. I love this time in the morning, before any of my office buds arrive :-) In a little while I’m off for a lunch vinyasa flow class, and later this evening I’m going out for a cocktail to celebrate both my birthday (which was yesterday) and the launch!
- Tuesday – Tomorrow I’m covering for a colleague in the store I used to work in before I started blogging full time (and still work in for time to time). In the evening there’s a live photo editing webinar with the amazing Swedish photographer Jonna Jinton that I really want to attend. It’s organized by Adobe, and you can read more about it here if you are curious!
- Wednesday – Is all around office day. I have a blog post to write, emails to answer, price suggestions for upcoming projects to send out and ideas for collaborations to pitch. A little bit of everything! In the evening I’m invited to dinner over at two newfound friends place, Anton & Lotta at the Cake and Beans blog. I can’t believe they’ve only been blogging for like 6 months! You gotta check out their site, so gorgeous!
- Thursday – I think I’m gonna re-shoot a recipe I was struggling with last week. Or shoot something else! I need foodie material for the blog anyhow. We’ll see where my inspiration (and cravings!) takes me :-)
- Friday – It’s The Influencer Convention! Our annual blog/influencer conference with heaps of seminars, workshops and networking opportunities for everyone working social media in any form. It’s organized by Linda & Alejandra whom I share office with. Linda is boss lady/CEO of Influencers of Sweden and Alejandra is a kick-ass project manager and beauty blogger ;-) If you live in Stockholm and wanna attend, there are still tickets available!
- Saturday – TIC continues with more workshops and seminars. I’m gonna be so stuffed with inspiration and positive vibes haha! Will probably just go home and crash afterwards.
- Sunday – I wish I could stay in bed all day and recover from what seems to be a pretty hectic week, buuut I can’t! Because I’m moving next week so Sunday is dedicated to packing packing packing >_< NOT looking forward to this. Though I’m really looking forward to when it’s over haha.
What’s your plan for the week? Will I see anyone of you at the influencer convention?
Have a lovely week darlings!
Ps. If you like this post I would be very grateful if you wanted to hit the heart-button at the top or bottom of the post. That way I know which content you love and wanna see more of :-) Thanks!
All photographs, recipes and content are Cashew Kitchen originals, unless otherwise indicated. Feel free to go wild on pinning, but remember all content is copyright protected. Always link back here and credit Cashew Kitchen when sharing. Thanks!