Januari. Stilla, kall och vit. Som att allt liksom har legat på paus. Det fick jag sannerligen känna av i slutet av förra veckan när jag insåg hur mycket jag faktiskt har prokrastinerat den här månaden. Alla bortglömda/förträngda göromål bara rusade emot mig på samma gång under förra veckan så att jag på kvällarna inte kunde göra annat än att ligga i sängen med en varm kudde på den stackars överstressade magen. Jag som var så lugn och harmonisk i början av månaden. Total missbedömning av situationen!
January. Tranquil, cold and white. Like someone pushed the pause button and everything has been left half done ever since. That I surely experienced in the beginning of last week when everything came rushing back to me. I realized how much I’ve actually been procrastinating this month! I had a couple of quite hectic work days paired with the anxiety over all the things I couldn’t manage or knew I had to postpone, so the only thing I could do in the evenings was lie on my bed with a warm pillow on my poor, over stressed belly. And I was so calm in the beginning of the month! Such a misjudgment of the situation.
Nu är det i alla fall en ny månad och nya tag. Jag har haft en fin och ledig helg fylld med film (Sisters!), våriga promenader i ett smält Stockholm och nya caféupptäckter. Har dessutom lagat så sjukt mycket god mat! Både egna och andras recept. Ser fram emot att dela med mig av det längre fram :-)
Tänkte faktiskt inte skriva så mycket mer idag. Istället går vi direkt till listan på allt som inspirerat mig senaste tiden (som denna gång spänner över två månader, eftersom jag aldrig gjorde något inlägg för december)!
Bilderna i inlägget kommer från sådant jag bloggat/instagrammat om under de senaste två månaderna. På instagram heter jag @cashewkitchen :-)
But now a new month has arrived and with that new beginnings. I’ve had a really nice weekend off, filled with movie nights (Sisters!), spring vibey walks in Stockholm and new café discoveries. I’ve also cooked so much awesome food! Both my own recipes and others. Look forward to share it with you later on :-)
I actually wasn’t planning on writing much more than that today. Instead we’ll jump straight to the link list of everything that’s inspired me lately, which this time spans over two months since I didn’t post any links in December.
The pictures in this post are things I’ve blogged/instagrammed about during the last two months. My instagram nick is @cashewkitchen :-)
Here’s everything food, photography, writing and pop cultural related that has inspired me during December & January:
- Breakfast nerd as I am, I could always desk-drool over a stack of perfect pancakes. Like these Super Seed Power Pancakes from Dolly and Oatmeal. Here served with fruit, but I can just as well imagine them savory, with sliced avocado, a poached egg & sprinkle of za’tar. Yum!
- While speaking of savory breakfasts, Bélen’s Chickpea & Herb Buns would be the perfect stand-in when you get tired of sweet Sunday scones. Especially smeared with some cashew cheese or perhaps lentil & sundried tomato hummus <3
- Mmmm, Sesame Honey Bread! With a cup of earl grey on a gloomy Sunday me thinks. From Petite Kitchen.
- This Baked Sweet Potato with Vegan Tuna Mayo recipe by dear Malin of Good Eatings I’m actually making tonight! So excited to try it as it looks totally scumptious. Love how this recipe is photographed as well!
- I know I’ve written about Tara’s ”Seven Spoons” writing before, but it’s worth praising over and over again. This post about a photograph she found with her grandma and aunty in the kitchen, along with the recipe for a comforting curry reminiscent of childhood really touched me. The simple styling and causal components of the little bits and pieces found in the back of the fridge feels so honest, so everyday, so authentic. Yet I can imagine it makes you feel like the richest person in the world, tasting something that is infused with so much love for cooking and for sharing food with family and loved ones. Worth a read, for sure!
- While on the topic of curries (which can go on endlessly through the colder months), this one with spinach & potatoes from Elsa Billgren really caught my eye. Looks incredibly creamy!
- And to make all of those curries, this Homemade Yellow Curry Paste could come in handy ;-) From Pinch of Yum.
- I SO wanna try these Veggie Burgers with Mushrooms and Lentils, from the Swedish vegetarian cooking show Vegorätt. Gonna have to be planned into a Friday dinner asap.
- That Laura of The First Mess is the vegan sauce queen I’ve known for a long time, so when she puts ”special” into the name of one of her sauces, I know I HAVE to make it <3
- Love love loved this portrait of Emily Dahl!
- I recognized a lot of things in this article about new adult friendship. It makes you feel continually alive and can be romantic and thrilling in almost the same way as dating a potential partner. Learning new people, how they work and think and feel, is something I always wanna keep doing. It makes me grow as a person, and it can bring out things that I might not ”dare” to do, say or be with older friends that know how I ”usually” am.
- Watched this movie and loved it! So interesting that everything from the lines, cuts and panning shots to the scenography and costume went in this 1950/60’s style. At first it felt cliché, but then I understood that it’s all meant to feel like a typical romantic American movie from that era and hence seen through that cultural lens, although the storyline is very much atypical. Also fell in love with Rooney Mara’s style!
- I’m very picky when it comes to jewelry, so it is not often that I find something I actually like. That’s why it made me a little extra happy to discover this designer, who just happens to be Swedish as well :D Score! Will treat myself with a piece as soon as I can afford it, hehe.
- Discovered Kristin Lagerqvist’s dreamy photography through Rania the other day. Instantly fell in love with Kristin’s artistically cluttered vintage home, and the blue tones in her styling as well as photo editing. Got stuck on this blog scrolling down page after page of beautiful pictures and insights into her everyday life for pretty much an entire afternoon <3
What’s been your biggest internet crush lately? Share it in the comment section :-)
All photographs, recipes and content are Cashew Kitchen originals, unless otherwise indicated. Always link back here and credit Cashew Kitchen when sharing. Thanks!0